Heroes of the Storm
Before you do anything else, download the game and play the tutorial. It’s fun, it’s free, and it’ll teach you the foundations of Heroes of the Storm better than any webpage ever could. But once you’re done, come back and learn about all the things the tutorial doesn’t cover.
Things You Should Know After Playing the Tutorial
- Movement: Getting your hero from A to B should be second nature.
- Abilities: Slinging spells and using skills, easy as pie.
- Combat: Health bars, attacking enemies, healing, and when to tuck tail and run.
- Death: It’s just a flesh wound!
- Minions: Enthusiastic, single-minded, team-oriented. Also, great cannon fodder.
- Forts: Hurt like hell; make sure you have some minions with you.
- Leveling: Gather XP, level up, become stronger.
- Mercenaries: Defeat them at their camp to gain their service.
- Cores: You lose your core, you lose the game.
- Hearthstone: Press “B” to teleport back to your base. (Cards? What cards?)
- Mount Up: Press “Z” to summon your mount and move faster.
Those are the basics of Heroes of the Storm. Enough to play and have fun, but a far cry from complete mastery of the game. What’s that? You’d like to master the Storm? Well, we can certainly assist you with that. Like we said: we’re here to help.
A comprehensive look at how Specialist, Assassin, Support, and Warrior heroes differ from each other. Covers strengths, weaknesses, and helps you find a role that matches your play style.
Bring the pain
Assassins deal bursts of high damage, specializing in either single-target or multi-target abilities, but lack resilience. They thrive on the battlefield through hit-and-run tactics, carefully timed attacks, and by capitalizing on the perfect moment to engage or flee.
First in, last out
Warriors withstand large amounts of punishment through self-healing or damage reduction abilities while retaining moderate offensive capability. They disrupt the enemy team with some roots, stuns and pulls, and lead the charge during team battles.
Like a rock
Support heroes bring powerful healing and buffs to the field, as well as some degree of control and enemy disruption through roots and stuns. Support heroes should always be in the thick of team efforts in order to help turn the tide of battle in their team’s favor.
Armed with diverse skills to shape and control the flow of the game, Specialist heroes can lock down a lane or capture mercenary camps on their own, summon minions, quickly return to the fight if they’re defeated, or make it easier for their team to assault forts by drawing fire or temporarily disabling enemy towers.
You can play alone, randomly matched players, or with your friends; you can play against the computer or other human beings; you can play ranked or just for fun… The point is, there are a LOT of ways to play. This page will help you sort it all out.
Join the Heroes of the Storm, Click Below